home about investment info website spread the word

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fix It Friday

There is a great online resource for photographers called I Heart Faces. One really awesome thing they do is called Fix It Friday. They post an image from a photographer SOOC (straight of of camera) and then ask members to edit it how they edit it and then share the steps they took to edit. I don't do it alot, but I just LOVED this weeks picture so I thought I'd give it a go this time!

Here is the original SOOC image:

The first thing I did was open the photo in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR). Then I bumped up the exposure, increased the blacks a tad to add some contrast, also boosted the saturation slightly. That alone made a huge difference. Then just for some extra kick I added clouds! =) I learned how to do this from an awesome tutorial from Kristen Caldwell.
Here's the final edit:

And a side by side before and after:

No comments: